Monday, November 12, 2012

Veterans Day Parade

We are fortunate this time in that our apartment is located exactly 3 blocks from the City of Phoenix parade route.  (Which is almost as cool as being able to see fireworks from your balcony, right?)  So Evie and I got to take a short walk/stroller-ride to watch the Veterans Day Parade this week.  It was so convenient in that we didn't have to find parking, and we could leave as soon as Evie decided she had had enough and started to make a fuss.  She lasted just over an hour, so I was a proud momma.
The giant balloons were especially fascinating to her, as well as the huge pack of dogs, old noisy cars, and the high school bands.  I found myself really touched by the thought of all of these men and women and their families sacrificing so much to serve our country.  Just the idea of having your family split apart for so long - it's hard to imagine how anyone could do it.









And back at home, we have snacks on the floor...


No comments:

Post a Comment