Monday, June 23, 2014

A New Bed for Evie

Well, as much as Evie loved her crib, it was time for a big girl bed.  We were so thankful that Syl & Steve held on to Sophia's toddler bed for us so that Evie could use it.  It is adorable, right?!  We've felt a little anxious about how Evie would accept her new bed, since she sleeps like a college student on-break (seriously, this girl is an awesome sleeper), and we've really enjoyed the fact that she could not get herself out of her crib without us.  But she loved it at first sight and welcomed the change with open arms - she did great!!  She still calls for us in the morning to come in and "let" her get up, and has not once surprised us with a visit in the middle of the night.  What a big girl, we're so proud (and relieved).




As a side note, I really enjoyed making Evie's new bedding.  Her duvet cover used to be a queen-sized duvet cover that we acquired years ago from Staci & Jonathan, who got it from Sabrina & Kevin.  Looks so cute in her room!  And the complete sheet set I sewed from one queen flat sheet that I found at Target, and it's softer than our sheets.  I also made her a set in purple.  So fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment