Evie's end-of-year festival at her school was this week. It was so much fun! They had lots of games, a slip-and-slide, and a pizza lunch. She had a really good time and was sad to leave when it was time to go home. It was another interesting opportunity for me to see what an "independent" little person she is. This girl is not a follower, she does whatever she wants. In this instance, she did not want to follow the actions of all of her classmates by waiting patiently in a line for her turn at the slip-and-slide. I had to repeatedly pull her back into line to wait, and then when it was her turn, she would walk the length of it and lay down in the shallow pool of water at the end, where I would have to pull her off for the next kid to go. And by repeatedly, I mean, like 7 times this happened. (It was beyond annoying). I hope that all of this translates into her becoming an independent thinker and a wildly creative and successful adult, but for now, it's just kind of annoying.. (ooooh, potty training is going to be so much fun).

No comments:
Post a Comment