We had such a wonderful trip to Kansas! The kids really loved all of fun stuff they got to do and experience, time playing with their cousins, and all the love and attention they got from Nana & Papa and their aunts and uncles. I also really loved watching the kids play and engage in new experiences, catching up with my parents, sisters and brothers-in-law, and holding my sweet nieces. I know the kids and I always feel so torn when it's time to go home. We look forward to being with Joe again, and getting back to normal life at home, but always wish we could take our Kansas family and all of our experiences with us.
I wish I could say that our trip home went smoothly, but both kids were exhausted and cranky without naps and tired of sitting, and Henry was completely and utterly falling apart during our time at the airport. It almost broke my heart when he persisted with running back to Nana before we got through security, and melted down, cried irrationally for several minutes waiting in the terminal. But after a long day of travel, we finally made it home and were so thrilled to be reunited with Joe.
Here are a couple of pics of some quiet, contented moments on the plane.
No comments:
Post a Comment