Saturday, February 14, 2015

Evie's Room

When we bought our house last April, the room that was to be Evie's bedroom was in the worst shape.  Concrete floors and really ugly, old paint with lots of drips and runs.  In fact, it was the only room not pictured in any of the photos on the real estate listing.  We've had some work to do!
Before we even moved in, I quickly painted her room and closet and Joe installed carpet tiles over the concrete floor.  After we moved in, we switched out the ceiling fan, removed the bi-fold closet doors and hung curtains instead, and installed white blackout roller shades in her windows.  After her birthday in June, she got a new bed, and I sewed her new bed linens and a new pillow for her chair.  And I painted her bedroom door and Joe installed a new door knob.  Since then, I've been slow in making other improvements to her room, (as other parts of the house have taken priority).
When she stopped sleeping a couple of months ago, I started working on her room again, in hopes that it would make her feel more comfortable and secure at night.  So I sewed her some fabric roll-up shades and Joe installed them.  I also made her a bed tent, which she loves.  We put cabinet doors over the top of her closet to hide the mess.  I made her a birth stats print and framed it, hung a mirror behind her door, and assembled these coat hooks for her out of outdoor faucet knobs.  
Evie's bedroom is not very big, about 10' x 11', (her 3-drawer dresser is in her closet).  But we are thrilled with how cute and cheery it looks now.  She loves it too!
Here are some before and after photos:










No comments:

Post a Comment